THIS BLOG IS ON HIATUS.

Do You Even Read Book Dedications? Now You Will!

Oftentimes, we are too excited to read a book that we open the book straight away to the first chapter so we can start reading. Do you ever spend a little time reading the book dedication? Some are pretty standard but if you look hard enough, you might just find some hidden gems amidst the nondescript pages. Here are some that I  found. 

1. The Selection by Kiera Cass

I didn't like the book but I gotta admit, the acknowledgement is kinda cute. 

2. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

I haven't read this book yet but the acknowledgement give me a warm feeling. :D

3. No Thanks by E.E. Cummings

Now, that's another way to do it.

4. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson


5. The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Famous from his act on Glee, Chris Colfer tried his hand on being an author. Grandma don't need to worry now. :)

6. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry

I don't know why but this make me feel sad. :(

7. Ruins by Dan Wells

I DNF this book but not before reading the dedication! xD

8. The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell  

How on earth had I not known about this book! It sounds so amazing. What's a better book for literature lover to read than a book about libraries! The dedication is so true. You guys should really check out the book here.

9. House Of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Ouch!

10. House of Hades by Rick Riordan

I remember when I first saw this. I had a mix feeling between wanting to rage out or laugh. I ended up laughing more though. 

I didn't pay much attention to dedications before but now I know to keep a lookout for them. The dedications can be as amazing as the story itself. So, the next time you read a book, don't forget to read the dedication too! Who knows you will find one that is awesome! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...